Make an Appointment at The Children's Center for Liver Disease
For more information or to make an appointment, call 401-444-8306.
The Children's Center for Liver Disease at Hasbro Children's Hospital is a multidisciplinary team that provides streamlined diagnosis, management and high-quality treatment of pediatric liver disease to pediatric patients in Rhode Island and neighboring communities.
Our team has the only physician with advanced certification in pediatric liver disease and transplantation in Rhode Island. Vania Kasper, MD has a multi-disciplinary approach, working with nutrition, psychology social work and more to optimize the health, growth and quality of life of children with liver disease.
Conditions We Treat
We manage many conditions, including:
- Acute liver failure
- Alagille's syndrome
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Biliary atresia
- Choledochal cyst
- Drug-induced liver injury
- Fontan-associated liver disease
- Hepatitis B and C
- Metabolic liver disease
- Neonatal cholestasis
- Neonatal hepatitis
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Other viral hepatitides (EBV, CMV, adenovirus)
- Portal hypertension (non-cirrhotic and cirrhotic)
- Portal vein thrombosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Pre- and post-transplant care
- Variceal bleeding
- Wilson's disease
Our diverse services include:
- Patient and family education
- Diet/lifestyle modification and nutritional assessment
- Behavioral therapy to help with adherence and coping with new diagnosis and restrictions
- Physician education through educational seminars
- Clinical research
For more information and to schedule an appointment, call 401-444-8306.