Lifespan Cancer Institute
About the Lifespan Cancer Institute
Pediatric Cancer Services
At Hasbro Children's Hospital our attending physicians are fellowship trained and
The Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island, The Miriam, Newport and Hasbro Children's hospitals provides the most current cancer diagnosis and treatment options. Our world-renowned physicians and specialists form multidisciplinary teams, both in the hospitals and at the Lifespan Ambulatory Care Center in East Greenwich. Their collective level of knowledge and experience is unparalleled in the region.
Additional experts – including nurses, nurse navigators, pharmacists, social workers, and nutritionists –work with patients and their families to ensure complete care from diagnosis through recovery.
The Lifespan Cancer Institute is an active clinical trials site, committed to providing the latest protocols. Our patients have access to groundbreaking new immunotherapies and other new and emerging cancer treatments at various stages of diagnosis and across many cancer types.
- Commission on Cancer three-year accreditation with commendation Pediatric Cancer Services
- Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative certification, demonstrating commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement practice
Supports and Services
- Complete care for cancer and blood disorders
- Chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy infusions and injections
- Hematology/oncology consultation and office visits
- Hospital-based radiation therapy
- Surgical oncology
- Nurse navigators offer patients assistance and guidance through treatment process
- Wellness programs during treatment and recovery
- Research and clinical trials
Knowing about the experiences of our patients helps us as providers. Please know that any message received is encrypted and forwarded directly to our leadership team, which includes the hospital president and chief executive officer, chief medical officer, and chief nursing officer. A patient advocate may contact you directly for follow up. Billing questions are forwarded to Lifespan's director of patient financial services.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) encourages feedback and engagement from all patients and families.