Newport Women's Health
We collaborate with our Lifespan partners, such as the Women’s Medicine Collaborative and Rhode Island and The Miriam hospitals, to facilitate access to academic medical expertise and coordinate your specialty care. You can contact us at any of our two locations to schedule an appointment.
19 Friendship Street, Suite 220, Newport
77 Turnpike Avenue, Portsmouth
Newport Women's Health Services
Welcome to Newport Women’s Health, a group practice of physicians and a certified nurse midwife working together to provide gentle, respectful and individualized care and guidance for women of all ages, from adolescence through menopause.
From annual wellness exams to complex medical treatment, we offer a complete spectrum of obstetric and gynecological care to meet women’s unique health needs. We take a holistic approach to women’s health, focused on the medical, emotional, psychological and social components of wellness.
Among our areas of expertise and service:
- Wellness and breast health, including routine Pap smears and mammograms
- Family planning and contraception counseling, including IUD and Nexplanon insertion and removal
- HPV vaccines and STD treatment
- Prenatal care, birth, and postpartum care
- Menopausal problems, including osteoporosis and hormonal issues
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Our team of obstetricians and certified nurse midwife supports natural, non-interventive childbirth. We are the only practice to deliver babies at Newport Hospital’s renowned Noreen Stonor Drexel Birthing Center, which offers a uniquely peaceful and comfortable setting and an award-winning, highly experienced nursing staff. Along with its newly renovated private suites and family centered care, the birthing center offers a broad array of education programs for expectant families and new parents, as well as free breastfeeding support groups and a 24-hour Warm Line, staffed by professionals who can answer any questions that may arise about newborn or new mother care.
Surgeries are performed in Newport Hospital’s state-of-the-art surgical suites with a skilled and experienced team. We perform both major surgery and minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures, including:
- Tubal ligations
- Removal of fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Biopsies, loop electrosurgical excision procedures (LEEPs), endometrial ablation