Nutrition Services at The Miriam
The Miriam Hospital offers medical nutrition therapy on an outpatient basis. Our services are designed to help prevent and control many conditions, including:
- Blood lipid disorders (e.g., high cholesterol or triglycerides)
- Diabetes mellitus (Type 1 and Type 2)
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Weight management problems
How our therapy helps patients
Patients receive individual nutrition therapy from registered, licensed dietitians. Prior authorization from a primary care physician is usually required to start the program. Patients should contact their insurance companies to find out what their plans cover. Appointments are available at The Miriam.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call 401-793-3441.