The pediatric gastroenterology division at Hasbro Children's Hospital is a research center for the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Registry.
The Pediatric IBD Collaborative Research Group (PIBD CRG) formed the IBD Registry to gather demographics, clinical and laboratory information, as well as responsiveness to treatment data on children newly diagnosed with IBD.
Twenty-one centers throughout the United States and Canada have enrolled more than 600 children to participate in the study. This prospective, observational research program will examine treatments and quality-of-life outcomes to gain a better understanding of how these issues impact children newly diagnosed with IBD.
Recently Published Research
- Walia CLS, Cerezo CS, Smith A, Turner J, Moses J, Vermilyea S, Gupta SK, Verma R. The North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Position on the Role of the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in the Care of the Pediatric Patient With Chronic Gastrointestinal Diseases. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2023 Mar 1;76(3):390-399.
- Herzlinger M, Dannheim K, Riaz M, Liu E, Bousvaros A, Bonilla S. Helicobacter pylori antimicrobial resistance in a pediatric population from the New England region of the United States. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2023 Mar 3:S1542-3565(23).
- Shapiro JM, LeLeiko NS, Sands BE, Shah SA. Lessons Learned from the Ocean State Crohn’s and Colitis Area Registry. R I Med J. 2022 Dec 1;105(10):38-41.
- Hajjat TM, Mosha M, Whaley KG, Rosen MJ, Suppa C, Markowitz J, Dufour L, Sauer C, Shukla-Udawatta M, Boyle B, Gibson M, Shapiro J, Sams D, Sylvester F, Hunter G, Perez ME, Hyams Vedolizumab Experience in Children and Adolescents With Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Multicenter Observational Study. JS. Crohns Colitis 360. 2021 Jun 21;3(3).
- Squires JE, Alonso EM, Ibrahim SH, Kasper V, Kehar M, Martinez M, Squires RH. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Position Paper on the Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Acute Liver Failure. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2021 Aug 3.
- Shapiro JM, de Zoete MR, Palm NW, Laenen Y, Bright R, Mallette M, Bu K, Bielec ka AA, Xu F, Hurtado-Lorenzo A, Shah SA, Cho JH, LeLeiko NS, Sands BE, Flavell RA, Clemente Immunoglobulin A Targets a Unique Subset of the Microbiota in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. JC. Cell H.