- Meet the Pediatric Heart Center Team
- Pediatric Heart Center Services
- Pediatric Cardiology Research
- Pediatric Heart Center Patient Stories
- Follow Your Heart Camp
Pediatric Cardiology Research
The division of pediatric cardiology at Hasbro Children's Hospital has active research programs in clinical and translational research. All members of the pediatric cardiology staff are affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
To learn more about research at Lifespan, visit the Bradley Hasbro Children's Research Center website or call 401-793-8700.
The Pediatric Heart Center participates as the Rhode Island site of the regional New England Congenital Cardiac Association (NECCA). Publications and ongoing projects focus on standardized approach to the management of common pediatric cardiac concerns, including syncope, chest pain, suspected long-QT syndrome, and bicuspid aortic valve.
Collaboration with the department of neonatology at Women & Infants Hospital and pediatric pulmonology at Hasbro Children’s Hospital has produced publications and ongoing projects in:
- diagnosis and management of the complex relationships of prematurity, chronic lung disease, reactive airway disease, and pulmonary hypertension
- exercise capacity of ex-premature patients
Collaboration with the division of pediatric behavioral and mental health services has developed projects and publications in:
- understanding adjustment disorder in patients and families affected by congenital heart disease (CHD)
- exposure therapy for patients severely affected by syncope (fainting) and orthostatic intolerance
- shared medical appointments as a novel approach to develop transition readiness
- heart camp as an opportunity for patient education about congenital heart disease