Rhode Island Burn Center
Burn Survivor Support Group
The Burn Center at Rhode Island Hospital organizes a monthly support group for burn survivors of all ages and their families. Meetings take place at Gerry House on the Rhode Island Hospital campus.
A standard meeting can consist of:
- Introduction and discussion of a burn care topic
- Open time to share with the group (participants may share or listen to others share)
- Networking (a time to meet and talk with other survivors)
- Pediatric expressive therapy
For further information, please call 401-606-4210 or email RhodeIslandBurnCenter@lifespan.org.
Pediatric Expressive Therapy Group
The purpose of this expressive therapies group is to allow children and adolescents the opportunity to gradually explore their thoughts and feelings related to their traumatic experiences in a safe, non-threatening environment.
Expressive therapies (painting, drawing, clay-making, therapeutic games, etc.) provide children and adolescents with the opportunity and freedom to explore and express their thoughts and feelings in a therapeutic manner.
The pediatric group meets at the same time and place as the adult group. Please call 401-606-4210 or email for more information.
- American Burn Association
- State of Rhode Island Fire Marshall
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors
- The Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp