Treatment for Thoracic Aortic Conditions
Our team’s treatment capabilities run the gamut of thoracic aortic surgery.
Procedures Our Surgeons Perform
- Bentall procedure – replacement of the aortic root for aneurysm or dissection
- David procedure/valve sparing aortic root replacement
- Sinus of valsalva aneurysm repair
- Ascending aortic repair replacement
- Wheat procedure – replacement of the aortic valve and ascending aorta
- Aortic arch repair/replacement – open repair and minimally invasive stent grafting
- Descending thoracic aortic repair/replacement – open repair and minimally invasive stent grafting / TEVAR
- Emergency repair of acute and traumatic aortic dissection
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Lifelong Monitoring and Care
Many patients diagnosed with a thoracic aortic condition do not require immediate surgery. For example, a small aneurysm or one that does not have symptoms can be watched closely and steps can be taken to help manage the condition.
Whether a patient undergoes a procedure or needs monitoring, the Thoracic Aortic Center’s physicians – in collaboration with primary care physicians – are committed to the long-term monitoring and treatment of patients.