Interested in Becoming an Organ Donor?
Take the first step.
Rhode Island Hospital offers one of the largest, fastest-growing transplant programs in New England. Approximately one half of the transplanted kidneys at the hospital are from live donors.
- About our program
- Kidney facts
- Who qualifies as a donor?
- Things a donor should consider
- Advantages of living
- Risks of donating a kidney
- The kidney donation process
- Donor testing
- Narrowing down potential donors
- Options for donors who don't match
- About the surgery
- Recovering from surgery
If you are interested in becoming a donor or have any questions regarding our program please call 401-444-8562 or 1-888-444-0102, or fill out our donor evaluation questionnaire online.