Rhode Island Hospital
Living Kidney Donor Program
Rhode Island Hospital offers one of the largest, fastest-growing transplant programs in New England. Approximately one half of the transplanted kidneys at the hospital are from live donors.
- About our program
- Kidney facts
- Who qualifies as a donor?
- Things a donor should consider
- Advantages of living kidney donation
- Risks of donating a kidney
- The kidney donation process
- Donor testing
- Narrowing down potential donors
- Options for donors who don't match
- About the surgery
- Recovering from surgery