- Our Team
- Our Services
- Altruistic Kidney Donor Program
- Donor Guide
- Post-Surgery Tips: Weight Loss
- Research Update
- Transplant Success Stories
Kidney Donation Surgery
In the kidney donor surgery, the transplant surgeon removes a kidney from the donor. The procedure may be the traditional, open approach or the less invasive laparoscopic approach. There are advantages and risks to each procedure, and each donor should discuss each option with their surgeon. For information about testing before surgery, see the complete donor process.
- What to expect before surgery
- What to expect immediately after surgery
- Recovering at home and follow-up care
Learn more about surgical options for kidney donation, along with their advantages and risks.