This study is for individuals with a diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) who have experienced multiple Clostridium difficile infections (C. diff or CDI). This study will assess the efficacy of fecal microbiota transplant (FMT) in combination with an infusion of Bezlotoxumab (an antibody) compared to FMT alone. This research study is funded by Merck and Company.
Become Involved with the Research
You may be eligible if you are:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Have experienced two or more C. diff infections.
- Have a diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Undergoing FMT via colonoscopy for CDI as part of standard medical care.
What Can You Expect?
- If you meet eligibility criteria you will be randomized to undergo FMT plus Bezlotoxumab or FMT alone.
- You will return to the clinic at weeks 1, 8, and 12, for safety and efficacy.
- Telephone contacts will occur after the screening visit, and 72 hours post-FMT.
- You will be asked to collect blood, urine, and stool during the study period.
How Can You Find Out More?
Call Renee Bright at 617-447-7958.