This study is for individuals who have experienced multiple Clostridium difficile infections (C. diff or CDI). This study will compare the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of CP101, an experimental treatment in capsule form, which is derived from the stools of normal healthy donors who are highly screened, tested, and monitored in structured donation program, to placebo in adults with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection. This research study is funded by Finch Research and Development LLC.
Become Involved with the Research
18 years of age or older
- Have experienced multiple C. diff infections
- Do not have a history or diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
What Can You Expect?
- If you meet eligibility criteria you will be randomized to be administered CP101 or a placebo.
- You will return to the clinic at weeks 1, 4, 8, 12, and 24 for safety and efficacy.
- Telephone contacts will occur after the screening visit, and at weeks 2, 3, 7, 11, and 23.
- You will be asked to collect blood, urine and stool during the study period.
- Your participation is voluntary. You will be compensated for your participation in this study.
How Can You Find Out More?
Call Patrizia at 401-793-7824 or Susan at 401-793-7822.