- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
Total Rewards for a Total You
We all come to work each day because we find personal fulfillment and value in what we do.
Lifespan is committed to creating an environment that supports the holistic well-being of our employees and their families. We recognize and reward employees who demonstrate our shared CARE values and provide them with a comprehensive suite of benefits for living.
Total Rewards for a Total You is all about:
• Health and Wellness
• Financial Well-being
• Reward and Recognition
• Life and Community
Our Total Rewards for a Total You program is the compilation of all the great benefits, programs and opportunities available to you, as an employee of Lifespan. The program is an important part of what makes Lifespan a top place to work.
Health and Wellness
- The Lifespan Health medical plan is administered through Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
- Our plan includes discounted medications through Lifespan pharmacies.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) help you pay for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses pre-tax.
- A dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) can be used to pay for eligible dependent care services, such as preschool, summer day camp, before- or after-school programs, and child or adult daycare.
Dental Care Benefits
- Lifespan’s dental coverage offers comprehensive care for you and your covered family members.
- We offer two affordable dental plans through Delta Dental.
Vision Care Benefits
- Our comprehensive vision plan, offered through EyeMed, covers in- and out-of-network services for you and your covered family members. These services include exams, frames and lenses or contacts each year, plus discounts on LASIK and hearing aids.
- All new employees, other than temporary, are eligible for our 401(k) retirement plan.
- Lifespan contributes to your retirement account after you have reached your one-year anniversary of employment, if you have worked at least 1,000 hours in the first year. (Residents and fellows may contribute to the 401(k) plan but are not eligible for the match.)
- Lifespan provides basic term life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage at no cost to you.
- Basic long and short-term disability coverage is provided to all employees, this coverage is provided by Lifespan at no cost to you. Additional buy-up options are available to ensure salary replacement when you are unable to work.
- Financial services such as free financial planning and college investing plans are available to all employees.
- Lifespan’s Reward and Recognition programs acknowledge our shared values of compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
- Lifespan's community involvement provides opportunities to employees that positively impact their lives and our community outside of Lifespan.
- Free employee parking is offered to all employees.
- Employee discounts are available for anything from amusement parks to cell phone plans.
- Lifespan is a Fit-Friendly Company: The American Heart Association has certified the Lifespan health system as a Gold Level Start! Fit-Friendly Company, an award that recognizes employers that go "above and beyond" in promoting its employees' health. Lifespan is the only Rhode Island company with this certification.
- Lifespan hospitals are tobacco-free and drug-free. In addition, the health system provides many services to employees to assist them in improving their health and well-being.
- A generous paid time off program is available to benefit-eligible employees.