Newport Hospital employs a total nursing staff of 280, including registered nurses and nursing aides.
The hospital has affiliation agreements with these area nursing schools:
These affiliations enhance the recruitment of staff and promote education and collaboration.
Determination of staffing requirements is based on a patient care acuity system. Patients' needs are classified each day to determine appropriate staffing levels. To manage short-term fluctuations in patient census and acuity, Newport Hospital has a hospital-based per diem staff of more than 40 nurses.
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO