- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
What to Expect When You Volunteer at Newport Hospital
When you take a few hours each week to support Newport Hospital's efforts:
- Every effort will be made to match your skills and interests with your work assignment.
- Days and hours for volunteering will be arranged, to every extent possible, for your convenience.
- You will receive an orientation to Newport Hospital as well as a department-specific orientation and on-the-job training.
- Volunteers receive a complimentary refreshments voucher.
From Newport Hospital volunteer Denise Brown:
"When I volunteer at the hospital, it is my moment to 'give back' for all the good things I have in my life now. I feel that I can make a difference in someone's hospital visit by being personable, taking the time to acknowledge them by name, and to let them know there are people who do care about them.
Doing patient transport, I feel I can help allay some patients' fears, or let them know there are people who are willing to listen, and to help them, even just by brightening their day with a smile and a kind word. Doing this brightens my day, too."