- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Greetings from the Manager
by Jeni Mowry, manager of volunteer services at The Miriam Hospital
Hello! Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Miriam Hospital. We are so lucky to have a diverse group of volunteers who make a difference every day in the lives of our patients, visitors and staff. Our volunteers range from high school and college students to homemakers to retirees. We offer a wide variety of positions and do our best to match each volunteer in a role meaningful to them, as well as, to the hospital.
Each volunteer program is unique. Therefore, the benefits of volunteering can vary from program to program. Here is a small sampling of health care volunteer opportunities:
- Greeting and directing visitors and patients
- Being a liaison for patients and families
- Assisting in an emergency room
- Delivering flowers and mail
- Providing business consultative services
- Visiting with patients
- Being a virtual volunteer from your own computer: designing a web site, database or newsletter
Thoughts on Volunteering
"Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”