- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
More than 200 adult and junior volunteers serve wherever there is a need for special warmth, cheer and understanding. Volunteers at Newport Hospital make a major contribution by giving their time to enhance the quality of patient care and to provide support services for the professional staff.
- Why volunteer?
- Choose the position that's right for you!
- Student volunteer opportunities
- Frequently asked questions
The patients and staff benefit greatly from services that volunteers provide. The hospital is appreciative of the selfless service of its volunteers - they really do make a difference.
A presentation from the Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast in May 2019 of some of our tireless volunteers.
Volunteers at Newport Hospital must:
- Have completed sophomore year of high school to be eligible to volunteer. Learn more about opportunities for students.
- Complete and submit the volunteer application form to Volunteer Services.
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session.
- Serve a minimum of six months, two to three hours per week.
- Provide an updated immunization record and complete a mandatory hospital health screening.
- Attend mandatory hospital-wide safety training.
- Participate in a criminal background check if they are 21 years of age or older.
Volunteer Information Sessions
At this time no volunteer orientation sessions are being held at Newport Hospital. Updates will be posted here as they happen.