- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
The Workforce Solutions, Training, and Teamwork (STAT) Pharmacy Technician Program, in partnership with Community College of Rhode Island, features a series of free educational training and support services for those ages 18 and older. The goal of the program is to meet industry needs by rapidly transforming a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into prepared, well-qualified pharmacy technicians.
Program graduates have opportunities to secure employment in Lifespan after program completion and have access to a variety of benefits.
More About the Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
Each cohort of students complete a free program consisting of:
- Classroom learning and labs at CCRI.
- An externship experience at a Lifespan affiliate.
- Practical work experience and networking opportunities to prepare for a successful future career in healthcare.
- Structured work-readiness training and workshops to build employability skills.
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program.
Students who successfully complete the program will receive a Pharmacy Technician license.
This program will require students to:
- Intake written and electronic prescriptions.
- Repackage and label medications for distribution.
- Assist in maintaining related Pharmacy records and files.
- Answer phones and triage as appropriate.
- Prepare medications for review and dispensing by a pharmacist.
- Perform general operations of electronic drug dispensing system, including maintaining, assigning, refilling and removing medication.
- Deliver medications to clinic, procedural, treatment, operating room and patient care areas.
Program Completion Requirements
Students should note that:
- Attendance is mandatory. Any missed clinical time will need to be made up before certificate is awarded.
- Students must successfully pass all clinical practicums.