- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
The Workforce Solutions, Training, and Teamwork (STAT) Pharmacy Technician Program, in partnership with Community College of Rhode Island, features a series of free educational training and support services for those ages 18 and older. The goal of the program is to meet industry needs by rapidly transforming a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into prepared, well-qualified pharmacy technicians.
Program graduates have opportunities to secure employment in Lifespan after program completion and have access to a variety of benefits.
Pharmacy Technician II Training Program Information Sessions
Recruitment for the March 6, 2023 cohort is closed. Our next cohort will begin September 6, 2023. Please check back periodically for new information session dates.
How to Register
For information about the next cohort, submit this Workforce STAT Interest Form and you will be notified by email when the next program is scheduled to begin.
More About the Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
Each cohort of students complete a free program consisting of:
- Classroom learning and labs at CCRI.
- An externship experience at a Lifespan affiliate.
- Practical work experience and networking opportunities to prepare for a successful future career in healthcare.
- Structured work-readiness training and workshops to build employability skills.
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program.
Students who successfully complete the program will receive a Pharmacy Technician license.
This program will train students to:
- Intake written and electronic prescriptions.
- Repackage and label medications for distribution.
- Assist in maintaining related Pharmacy records and files.
- Answer phones and triage as appropriate.
- Prepare medications for review and dispensing by a pharmacist.
- Perform general operations of electronic drug dispensing system, including maintaining, assigning, refilling and removing medication.
- Deliver medications to clinic, procedural, treatment, operating room and patient care areas.
Program Completion Requirements
Students should note that:
- Attendance is mandatory. Any missed clinical time will need to be made up before certificate is awarded.
- Students must successfully pass all clinical practicums.