- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Lifespan Community Affairs
As the largest employer in the state of Rhode Island, Lifespan recognizes and embraces its responsibility to the diverse communities it serves, and of which it is a member. Across our affiliates, and across the state and region, Lifespan brings its expertise and services into the community. We deliver the care people need wherever and whenever they need it, putting the patient at the center of our work. Put simply, we embrace our mission of Delivering health with care.
About Lifespan Community Affairs
Read our downloadable brochure to learn more about the role Lifespan plays in our community.
Lifespan and its affiliate hospitals have a longstanding history of giving financial and in-kind support to projects, events and programs which benefit the local communities and are core to our mission. Our giving aims to support the health of all Rhode Islanders with a strategic focus on neighborhoods in the Greater Providence Metropolitan area, East Providence, Aquidneck Island as well as cities and towns which closely surround our hospitals.
While excellent care is our top priority, Lifespan also recognizes that health and well-being is more than the absence of disease. We promote a culture of well-being, achieved in part by extending our expertise and services into communities where people live, learn, work, play and pray. Lifespan coordinates hundreds of programs, events, and community service activities every year, benefiting as many as 30,000 southern New Englanders.
Lifespan Community Health Institute
The mission of the Lifespan Community Health Institute is to eliminate health disparities and promote health equity through healthy behaviors, relationships, and environments.
Workforce and Youth Development
Responsive to our mission of Delivering health with care, Lifespan’s investments in youth and workforce development programs are deep, diverse, and system-wide. Across Rhode Island, Lifespan sponsors youth health and technology career programs, a summer youth employment program, workplace readiness programs for adults and intellectually disabled individuals. We partner to offer CNA classes and jobs to under-employed and unemployed adults, career enhancement and training for employees, volunteer reading tutors for elementary schools, and workforce preparedness support for parents and families.
As a not-for-profit organization, Lifespan and its affiliates provide substantial uncompensated medical care as well as community support through education and research initiatives. Lifespan also provides donations, sponsorships, and in-kind resources to our communities on an annual basis through the office of community relations. Lifespan recognizes its critical role as a responsible steward of the environment and facilitates active green teams at all our affiliates, along with a variety of environmentally sustainable projects. Projects include energy savings efforts, recycling, composting and more.
Delivering health with care extends beyond the buildings of our organization. As good neighbors, we respect the neighborhoods where we are situated. The mission of neighborhood relations is to build relationships, share our resources to make the neighborhood better, and apply a balanced approach in resolving conflicts between neighbors and our hospitals.
We welcome the opportunity to support nonprofits with programs and events that specifically and solely support the neighborhoods around our hospitals through community cohesion and
environmental improvements. Everyone at a Lifespan facility that borders a residential neighborhood is part of neighborhood relations, although this program is led by the office of community relations.
Team Lifespan enlists our employees to take part in a variety of activities that serve to improve the quality of life in our communities. Whether through participating in a 5K or volunteering
at a community event, health and service is intrinsically part of who we are.
Team Lifespan encourages community engagement as well as individual well-being for all our employees and community partners.