Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
Welcome to the Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Clinic, where we provide comprehensive and state-of-the-art care to children with a range of allergic and immunologic diseases.
We partner with patients and their families to provide individualized treatment and education that will help them manage the child’s illness and increase their well-being.
When necessary, we also work closely with colleagues in other specialties — pulmonology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, psychology, nutrition, dermatology, and otolaryngology — to ensure that all children receive the care they need to live a happy, healthy life.
Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Services for Children and Teens
Our services include:
- Comprehensive allergy testing for environmental, food, medication and insect sting allergies.
- Pulmonary function testing/spirometry.
- Immunotherapy for environmental, seasonal allergies (allergy shots) and venom.
- Monoclonal antibody therapy for allergic disorders
- Oral food challenges (tests).
- Oral medication challenges (tests).
- Patient and family education programs.
- Full-service lab.
- Inpatient care at Hasbro Children's Hospital, if necessary.
- A specialist on call 24 hours a day for emergencies.
Conditions We Treat
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Drug Allergies
- Eosinophil disorders: eosinophilic esophagitis and hypereosinophilia
- Food Allergies
- Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (Immune Deficiency)
- Nasal Allergies and Eye Allergies
- Mast cell disorders
- Stinging Insect Allergy