Geriatric Behavioral Health Long-Term Care Program
For more information, call The Miriam Hospital at 401-793-4300.
With a strong background in geriatric psychiatry and nursing, our consultation team works together with residents’ primary care physicians and facility staff to provide treatment for each resident’s unique mental health needs and offers support and education for facility staff, as well as help for family members and loved ones.
The Geriatric Behavioral Health Long-Term Care Program offers services that include:
- Diagnostic assessment of disorders of mood, thought or behavior
- Psychopharmacology management
- Family consultation and intervention
- Emergency assessment and treatment
- Psychotherapy and grief counseling
- Nursing consultation
- Educational programs
- Decision-making assessments
- Non-pharmacologic behavior management consultation
The Geriatric Behavioral Health Long-Term Care Program comprises a multidisciplinary team that includes board-certified geriatric psychiatrists and clinical nurses specialists in adult psychiatric mental health and gerontological nursing.