- Our Leadership Team
- Conditions We Treat
- Outpatient Programs
- Inpatient Psychiatry Services
- Gateway's Residential Rehabilitative Services
- Geriatric Behavioral Health Long-Term Care Program
- Mental Health Research at Lifespan
- Education and Training
- Correctional Psychiatry
- In-Home Behavioral Health Services
- Contact Information
- Support Our Services
Outpatient Psychiatry Programs
Outpatient mental health services are provided by a multidisciplinary group of board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical nurse specialists and social workers. Lifespan provides services throughout the region.
As part of providing outpatient treatment for the full range of psychiatric conditions, several specialty programs are offered:
- Lifespan Outpatient Psychiatry provides patient-centric services in a caring, supportive environment. This program is located at Lifespan's Ambulatory Care Centers in East Greenwich, East Providence and Providence.
- Newport Psychiatry is a Newport, RI-based Lifespan Physician Group practice that offers a range of mental and behavioral health care in an outpatient setting.
- The Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program is connected with The Sleep Disorders Center of Lifespan hospitals. Problems evaluated and treated include insomnias, circadian rhythm disorders, parasomnias and sleep apnea. It is located at 146 West River Street.
- Young Adult Outpatient Psychiatry helps young adults with mental health issues live more productive lives by providing comprehensive and age-appropriate psychiatric services.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is a specialized treatment for those patients suffering from intractable depression, bipolar disorder or schizo-affective disorder.
- Family Therapy Program helps families and couples deal with a wide range of relationship and psychiatric issues, using a multidimensional approach to evaluating and treating families.
- Adult Gender and Sexuality Behavioral Health Program offers psychosocial support, behavioral health and wellness services, including medication management, for anyone over 18 years who wishes to explore issues associated with their gender identity or gender transition.
- Clinica Latina provides care via clinicians who are part of the Latin community. Treatment is available for patients age 18 and older, of all genders and sexuality. Services are provided in Spanish and English.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy is an innovative, leading-edge treatment for major depression in patients who have not benefitted from prior antidepressant medication. It is administered in an office setting under the supervision of a psychiatrist in conjunction with, or in some cases in lieu of, medications.
- The Neuropsychology Program is a clinical specialty service provided by both Rhode Island and The Miriam hospitals. The program offers neuropsychological evaluation of memory and other cognitive functions on both an inpatient and outpatient basis, and always in a supportive atmosphere.
- The Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Neurology Program evaluates and treats individuals with brain-behavior disorders, conducts neuropsychiatric research, and provides education on neuropsychiatric disorders.