Continuum of Care Provider Resources for Joint Replacement
These resources are available for those who help with the continuum of care for patients of Total Joint Replacement at Newport Hospital.
General Program Standards of Care
All following resources are downloadable PDFs, unless otherwise noted.
- Newport Hospital Total Joint Inpatient Clinical Guidelines (revised May 2023)
- Newport Hospital Total Joint Outpatient Clinical Guidelines (revised May 2023)
- Newport Hospital Total Joint Same Day Discharge Protocol (revised May 2023)
Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG)
The following resources are located on aaos.org, unless otherwise noted.
- AAOS Management of Osteoarthritis of the Hip (2017)
- AAOS Surgical Managment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee (2022)
- AAOS Anesthesia and Analgesia in Total Joint Arthroplasty (2021)
- AAOS Diagnosis and Prevention of Periprosthetic Joint Infections (2019)
- ASH 2019 Guidelines for Management of VTE: Prevention of VTE in Surgical Hospitalized Patients (ashpublications.org)
Program Rehabilitation Protocols
- Total Joint Center at The Miriam Hospital
- Total Joint Replacement at Newport Hospital
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- Surgical Specialties
- Total Joint Replacement Patient Stories
- Arthritis and Exercise
- Research and Publications
- Total Joint Replacement Education and Training
- When Is it Time to Consider Joint Replacement?