Weight Loss Services and Management
Lifespan Weight Loss Services
Lifespan offers a range of programs that provide the most comprehensive, integrated care to help our patients achieve and maintain their weight loss and wellness goals. All of our weight loss services treat the whole person, with a focus on overall health and well-being. Our integrated approach to weight loss includes nutrition guidance, exercise, counseling, and monitoring of medical conditions, as needed. We also offer ongoing support for long-term success and specialized programs for women, adolescents, and children.
The Center for Bariatric Surgery offers a long term solution to patients who have difficulty with sustaining weight loss. Our surgical team provides coordinated, personalized care to obese individuals who have a body mass index greater than or equal to 40.
Just Two Steps to Start Your Journey
Specialized Programs for Weight Loss
Lifespan Weight Loss Services also offers specialized programs:
- The Healthy Way Program at the Lifespan Lifestyle Medicine Center takes an approach that does not involve traditional restrictive dieting. Although weight is monitored, we do not focus on a number, but rather on achieving a healthy lifestyle and developing a positive relationship with food.
- Lifespan’s Nutrition Services provides nutrition counseling on an individual, outpatient basis by registered dietitians, licensed by the State of Rhode Island. They are trained in all areas of nutrition and provide nutrition counseling to help prevent or control many conditions, including obesity and weight management issues.
- The Nutrition Teaching Center at Hasbro Children’s Hospital provides customized nutrition education, nutrition counseling, and personalized support to patients’ parents and caregivers. Our staff of pediatric registered, licensed dietitians can help optimize a child’s nutrition, which can improve medical outcomes and health.
- Our Adolescent Weight Management Program called (HEALTH) Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro helps adolescents and families develop healthier lifestyles and gain control over their weight.
Research is currently being conducted to learn more about weight loss.
Lifespan Weight Loss Services Locations
- Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro (HEALTH) Clinic
- The Healthy Way Program
Center for Bariatric Surgery
The Miriam Hospital Main Building
164 Summit Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro (HEALTH) Clinic
Hasbro Children's Hospital
593 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02903