Weight Loss Services and Management
Weight Loss Services and COVID-19
Safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you that we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
Your safety is our top priority. We also know that preventative care, completing a treatment plan and routine follow up is associated with the best outcomes for patients. That is why we worked closely with the RI Department of Health and our infection prevention and infectious diseases teams to be able to provide the care you need in a safe environment.
Lifespan Weight Loss Services
Lifespan offers an extensive range of programs that provide the most comprehensive, integrated care to help our patients achieve and maintain their weight loss and wellness goals. Our Center for Weight and Wellness offers programs to help overweight patients through safe, healthful weight loss, and our Center for Bariatric Surgery provides surgical solutions for severely obese patients. We also offer specialized programs for women, adolescents, and children.
All of our weight loss services treat the whole person, with a focus on overall health and well-being. Our integrated approach to weight loss includes nutrition guidance, exercise, counseling, and monitoring of medical conditions, as needed. We also offer ongoing support for long-term success.
The Center for Bariatric Surgery
The Center for Bariatric Surgery offers a long term solution to patients who have difficulty with sustaining weight loss. Our surgical team provides coordinated, personalized care to obese individuals who have a body mass index greater than or equal to 40.
The Center for Weight and Wellness
The Center for Weight and Wellness offers medically-supervised weight loss options for moderately to severely overweight adults by developing an individualized plan for each patient based on his or her weight loss goals.
Specialized Programs for Weight Loss
Lifespan Weight Loss Services also offers specialized programs:
- The Women’s Healthy Way Program takes an approach that does not involve traditional restrictive dieting. Although weight is monitored, we do not focus on a number, but rather on achieving a healthy lifestyle and developing a positive relationship with food.
- Lifespan’s Nutrition Services provides nutrition counseling on an individual, outpatient basis by registered dietitians, licensed by the State of Rhode Island. They are trained in all areas of nutrition and provide nutrition counseling to help prevent or control many conditions, including obesity and weight management issues.
- The Nutrition Teaching Center at Hasbro Children’s Hospital provides customized nutrition education, nutrition counseling, and personalized support to patients’ parents and caregivers. Our staff of pediatric registered, licensed dietitians can help optimize a child’s nutrition, which can improve medical outcomes and health.
- Our Adolescent Weight Management Program called (HEALTH) Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro helps adolescents and families develop healthier lifestyles and gain control over their weight.
Research is currently being conducted to learn more about weight loss.
Lifespan Weight Loss Services Locations
- Center for Weight and Wellness, East Greenwich
- Center for Bariatric Surgery
- Center for Weight and Wellness, Providence
- Women's Healthy Weight Program
- Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro (HEALTH) Clinic
Center for Weight and Wellness, East Greenwich
1377 South County Trail
East Greenwich, RI 02818
Center for Bariatric Surgery
The Miriam Hospital Main Building
164 Summit Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Center for Weight and Wellness, Providence
146 West River Street, Suite 11A
Providence, RI 02904
Women's Healthy Weight Program
West River Center
148 West River Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 1-G
Providence, RI 02904
Healthy Eating Active Living Through Hasbro (HEALTH) Clinic
Hasbro Children's Hospital
593 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02903