MyLifespan for Children and Teens
MyLifespan for your child or teen allows you to be more active in their care, while still protecting their privacy.
Now, parents can follow the steps below to remain up-to-date on their child’s medical care. Depending on the age of your child, you will be able to view and make appointments, review laboratory and imagining results, securely communicate with their doctors and care teams, manage their health information, and much more.
If your child is 12 or over, a parent’s view of these functions is normally limited, depending upon conversations and agreements between you, your teen, and your teen’s provider. Lifespan is committed to protecting the confidentiality of our teenage patients’ health information while at the same time recognizing the rights of parents and guardians.
MyLifespan portals of patients 12 to 17 years old were deactivated on Monday, March 15, 2021 in order to reset information related to privacy protection. Lifespan takes the confidentiality of children's and teens’ health information very seriously, we have had to take this step to ensure and respect their privacy.
How to Enroll Your Child or Teen in MyLifespan
You can request a MyLifespan portal for yourself and a portal for your child, with you as a proxy. As their adult proxy, you will have full access to their MyLifespan portal.
Full access includes the ability to:
- View information about your child including demographics, allergies, medication, medical conditions, and more.
- Receive information on upcoming appointments, tests, and procedures.
- Communicate with and receive messages from your child’s provider(s).
- Ask customer service questions.
- View appointment and procedure notes from providers and other clinicians.
- See test and imaging results.
- Complete appointment information in advance and in some cases schedule appointments directly.
- View billing information and make payments.
- Take advantage of numerous additional features that are updated and enhanced frequently.
You can request a MyLifespan portal for yourself and agree to a portal for your child or teen, with you as a proxy; your own MyLifespan portal is required in order to become a proxy for your teen. This will give you limited access to their health information. This limited access is designed to protect the confidentiality of your teen’s health information.
Limited access includes the ability to:
- Ask a customer service question.
- View allergies.
- View and update insurance information.
- View billing information and make payments (done on the parent or guardian’s portal billing page, not when accessing the child’s page).
In certain situations, after discussions with your teen as appropriate, and their provider (and agreement by all parties as appropriate), you may have additional access as proxy, including up to full access as listed above for children who are 11 years old or younger.
At 16 years old, your teen can have their own MyLifespan portal without parental/guardian consent. This is allowed by Rhode Island law, which recognizes that patients 16 and above can access their health care information when they have the right to make their own health care decisions. If they choose, they may grant a proxy with full or limited access (with the above noted specifics).
If they would like their proxy to have limited access, they can request that within their MyLifespan portal. If they would like their proxy to have full access, please refer to the "How to Activate Your Portal" section below.
To ensure the security of your child or teen’s health information, and to ensure their privacy, you must read and agree to the below applicable information prior to requesting a MyLifespan portal on their behalf. You will be asked to sign the appropriate document at an in-person visit, or to attest that you have read it and agree to its terms if offered a remote sign-up option, when you activate your child’s/teen’s portal.
- MyLifespan proxy request form for 0- to 11-year-old patients (PDF)
- MyLifespan limited proxy request form for 12- to 15-year-old patients (PDF)
- MyLifespan limited proxy request form for 16- to 17-year-old patients (PDF)
Next, simply call one of our pediatric MyLifespan activation specialists at the location where your child or teen receives care to set up a MyLifespan portal for them and a proxy for yourself. You will be informed when you call whether an in person visit is required or a remote sign up option exists.
How to Activate Your Account
Lifespan is pleased to now offer either an in-person or remote video method to sign up for your child or teen’s MyLifespan account and proxy. An in-person sign up can be completed as part of a regular office visit or by scheduling a separate appointment for MyLifespan activation.
Please choose a location below to schedule an in-person or remote video sign-up appointment:
An in-person visit is required for activation. Please call the appropriate number below to make an appointment to activate your account:
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital: 593 Eddy Street, Hasbro Lower Level, Providence, RI (Pedi Primary and Multi-Specialty); Phone Number 401-444-3473.
- Med/Peds Clinic: 245 Chapman Street, Suite 100, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 401-444-6118.
- Pediatric Multi-Specialty Satellite offices:
- 1454 South County Trail Suite 1300, East Greenwich, RI; Phone Number: 401-606-4300.
- 900 Warren Avenue, Suite 201, East Providence, RI (Pedi Multi-Specialty Satellite Office); Phone Number: 401-793-8680.
- 10 North Main Street, Suite 2C, Fall River, MA (Pedi Multi-Specialty Satellite Office); Phone Number: 508-646-3923.
- 701 George Washington Highway Suite 104, Lincoln, RI (Pedi Multi-Specialty Satellite Office); Phone Number: 606-8052.
- Pediatric Cardiology: 1 Hoppin Street, Coro West Suite 304, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 793-8836.
- Adolescent Medicine: 1 Hoppin Street, Coro West Suite 3055, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 793-5980.
- Lifespan Physician Group Ophthalmology: 1 Hoppin St., Suite 202, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 401-444-6551.
- Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes: 111 Plain Street, 3rd Floor, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 444-5504.
- Children's Neurodevelopment Center (CNDC): 335R Prairie Avenue, Suite 1A, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 444-1626.
- Children’s Rehabilitation Services offices:
- 765 Allens Avenue, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 401-432-6800 option 2.
- 115 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 401-444-5485 option 2.
- 1000 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI; Phone Number: 401-606-7492.
- 1 Commerce Street, Suite 2, Lincoln, RI; Phone Number: 401-793-8501.
Activation is available only as part of a regular appointment. For more information, please call a pediatric psychiatry activation specialist at one of the numbers listed below.
- Bradley Hospital: 1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway, East Providence, RI; Phone Number: 401-432-1119.
- POB 122: 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 444-4515.
- Coro West: Hoppin Street, Suite 204, Providence, RI; Phone Number: 444-8945.
- Gateway Health:
- 105 Bacon Street, Pawtucket, RI; Phone Number: 401-722-5573.
- 4705 Old Post Road, Charlestown, RI; Phone Number: 401-364-7705.
An in-person visit is required for activation. Please call the number below to make an appointment to activate your account:
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital: 593 Eddy Street, Hasbro Lower Level, Providence, RI; Phone Number 401-444-3473.
If you have any questions, your health care provider can assist you. For questions about signing up please contact the above appropriate location of care outlined above. For general MyLifespan questions or technical issues once your child/teen has a portal and you have proxy, contact the patient portal customer service team at 401-606-6957 (606-MYLS) .