Speak for Yourself
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Request Medical Records
- Safety for Patients and Visitors
- Tobacco Free
- Ethics and Patient Rights
When you understand your rights and your choices, you will be better prepared to participate in making medically appropriate decisions about your health care.
- Some terms you need to understand
- Your rights as a patient
- What your doctor can and can't do
- About advance directives
- Making difficult decisions
If you have any questions, speak with your doctor, or call the hospital ethics committee, social work department, patient representatives department or clergy. Any of these representatives will be very willing to assist you.
The information in this section is extracted from the "Speak for Yourself" brochure, which is given to patients when they are admitted to a Lifespan hospital.