Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
Hello and welcome to volunteer services at The Miriam Hospital!
Volunteer services at The Miriam Hospital is proud and honored to have people of all ages and backgrounds volunteer with us. Our volunteers support our hospital staff by enhancing the overall patient experience and by providing supplemental assistance in many areas throughout the hospital. Our volunteers range from high school students, to college or trade school students, to adults who every day make a difference to patients, families, visitors and vendors at The Miriam Hospital.
We are always looking for qualified, caring people with an interest in health care to join our team in volunteer services. We seek to match your availability, talents and interest with the needs of The Miriam Hospital.
- Clerical support/office work
- Emergency department unit helpers
- Family liaison support desks
- Food and nutrition
- Geriatric Emergency Monitor (GEM)
- Gift shop
- Patient portal
- Unit helper
- Waiting room assistants
- Attend a one hour volunteer information session
- Submit a complete application with references
- Interview with volunteer services staff
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit two tuberculosis tests
- Complete an orientation about hospital policies and procedures
- Commit to a minimum of two to four hours each week for at least 100 hours (over the course of a year, or two school semesters)
- If under the age of 18, submit a signed permission slip
- Adhere to uniform and dress code policy (no blue jeans)
- Complete a criminal background check form (if 18 or older)
- Attend a Commitment to Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence (CARE) class