- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program at Newport Hospital
Newport Hospital is proud to offer a nurse residency program in partnership with Vizient, our national academic consultant partner, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The program is designed to help new nurses develop the essential skills they’ll need to have a smooth, successful transition from the academic setting to professional nursing in a hospital setting.
Newport Hospital is an award-winning four-time designated Magnet hospital in a beautiful coastal area. With close proximity to scenic beaches, world-class restaurants, lively entertainment, and a cultured history, Newport is the perfect destination to achieve true work-life balance.
About the Newport Hospital Nurse Residency Program
The Newport Hospital nurse residency program supports new nurses in their professional development through a combination of classroom education and hands-on clinical experience as members of the healthcare team.
There are three cohort groups per year: January, May, and September. The close-knit structure of this cohort gives new nurses an opportunity to network with peers, while sharing successes, challenges, and experiences.
The curriculum includes content related to:
- Critical thinking
- Patient outcomes
- Professional career planning
- Evidence-based practice
- Individualized support for the first year of clinical practice
- Evidence-based curriculum that strengthens critical thinking and leadership skills
- Support from experienced nurses, educators, and leaders
- Opportunities to connect with peers and build relationships
- Care for patients with increasing levels of acuity and complexity in the hospital setting
All new hires who have graduated within the last year are automatically enrolled in this program. The program is specifically targeted to provide individualized support to nurses who have less than six months of acute care nursing experience.