Alzheimer's Disease & Memory Disorders Center
Alzheimer's Disease & Memory Disorders Center in the News
Rhode Island Hospital joins national Alzheimer’s disease imaging study
Providence Business News 12/15/17
Five things to know about Alzheimer's disease.
Living - A Lifespan Blog 9/21/17
- Rhode Island-based researchers are on a mission to delay onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
Providence Business News 5/19/17
- Effectiveness of yoga in treating major depression evaluated.
Science Daily 5/8/17
Health Check: Preventing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Five questions with Dr. Brian R. Ott.
Providence Business News 4/24/17
Rhode Island Hospital seeks volunteers for new approach to battle Alzheimer’s.
Providence Business News 4/3/17
Lifespan has a lab to help families determine whether their loved ones with a memory disorder should be driving.
Rhode Island Public Radio 12/15/16
- Many people are living longer, and that means more older drivers are behind the wheel. Dr. Brian R. Ott explains the related safety concerns.
Living - A Lifespan Blog 12/6/16
- How to tell the difference between the normal signs of aging and the early stages of an illness.
Rhode Island Public Radio 11/24/16
- Alzheimer's: Eye test may predict if you'll develop the disease, research suggests.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation News 11/10/16
- New study will evaluate potential treatment for frontotemporal dementia.
Providence Business News 10/17/16
- Alzheimer’s clinical trial reaches halfway mark for enrollment.
Providence Business News 5/9/16
- Eye scan may detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease.
Live Science 5/5/16
- Telephone support can help reduce the symptoms of depression among caregivers.
Lifespan News 5/5/16
- Lori Daiello explains why it's important to understand the medications you take, and how you can take a more active role in protecting your health.
- Rhode Island Hospital is recruiting people with mild cognitive disorder to study whether yoga and healthy living strategies can improve their condition.
Lifespan News 3/4/16
- Rhode Island Hospital studying yoga’s role in slowing brain decline.
Providence Business News 3/4/16
- When is the appropriate time for drivers with cognitive impairment to cease driving? A Lifespan team is undertaking a three-year study.
Providence Journal 1/30/16
- Health Check: Detangling Alzheimer's disease.
- Health Check: Diabetes, Alzheimer's connection.
- Do statins cause cognitive decline? New evidence, new conclusions.
Neurology Today 2/5/15
- Study: Statin warnings may have been premature.
Providence Business News 1/19/15
- Dr. Ott has found through research there is no link between statin use and changes in cognition.
Lifespan News 1/15/15
Rhode Island Hospital study finds telephone support program benefits caregivers of those with dementia.
Lifespan News 7/31/14
- Recruiting for Alzheimer’s disease clinical trial: a Q&A with Dr. Brian R. Ott.
Lifespan Interview 6/13/14
Lifespan News 6/11/14
Rhode Island Hospital Study Finds Medicare Patients With Dementia Nearly 20 Percent More Likely To Be Readmitted Within 30 Days Of Discharge.
Rhode Island medical researcher on verge of promising breakthrough in treating Alzheimer’s.
Convergence RI 3/17/14
- This study is taking a unique approach: Will dissolving tangles in the brain halt their harmful effects on memory?
Lifespan News 2/24/14
- Five Questions With: Dr. Brian R. Ott
Providence Business News 1/23/14
- Rhode Island Hospital neurologists attack Alzheimer’s disease.
GoLocal Providence 4/4/13
- Five Questions With: Peter Snyder
Providence Business News 1/28/13
- Vaccine trials and other therapies to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Lifespan News 1/4/13
- Health Check: Older drivers with memory loss.
- Is Alzheimers type-3 Diabetes?
New York Times 9/25/12
- Health Check: Alzheimer's disease registry.
- Rhode Island Alzheimer’s registry launched.
Providence Business News 9/1/12
- Lifespan is taking part in a groundbreaking study on Alzheimer’s disease.