Emergency Services at The Miriam Hospital
The Miriam Hospital Emergency Services
The Miriam Hospital’s emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by physicians, nurses and other critical staff who are committed to providing superior patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment.
Last year, our emergency team provided care for more than 60,000 patient visits.
Shorter Visits and Increased Capacity
Our recently renovated emergency department has helped yield shorter visits and increased capacity to serve more Rhode Islanders in need of urgent medical care.
The Miriam Hospital emergency department offers:
- A new 13-bay patient care area
- Private exam rooms to improve patient privacy and infection control
- An expanded triage area designed to promote provider efficiency and convenience
- A dedicated emergency department 64-slice CT scanner
- A resource center for EMS provider