COVID-19: Your safety is our top concern.
We know that you want to feel confident that you are entering a safe environment when you come to our offices for care. That’s why we have made some changes in response to COVID-19.
At the Forefront of Women's Gastrointestinal Health
At the Center for Women's Gastrointestinal Medicine at the Women's Medicine Collaborative, we offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to women's gastrointestinal issues. Our all-female staff is at the forefront of women's gastrointestinal health, offering clinical expertise, state-of-the-art technology and academic excellence with a caring, personal touch.
We care for women at all stages of life, including pregnancy.
We treat women for all major diseases and conditions of the intestine and liver, including:
- Celiac disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Constipation & diarrhea
- Urinary and fecal incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders
- Fecal transplantation for recurrent C. difficile disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis and other liver diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach and intestinal problems
- Swallowing disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders in pregnancy
screening for this largely preventable cancer.
Our GI Services
- GI consultations for non-pregnant and pregnant women with GI tract and liver conditions.
- Treatment of hepatitis B and hepatitis C and other diseases affecting the liver in our Hepatology Clinic as well a Hepatitis Support Group.
- The Program for Pelvic Floor Disorders cares for women with constipation, incontinence, pelvic pain, organ prolapse, and other defecation problems.
- Comprehensive care for women with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and Celiac Disease, including diagnosis and treatment, nutrition counseling, behavioral health support and surgical consultation by colorectal surgeons specialized in IBD.
- A GI Disorders in Pregnancy Clinic, where we treat hyperemesis (excessive nausea and vomiting), inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis, and other gastrointestinal disorders in pregnancy.
- Our Perinatal Hepatitis Program provides care for patients with hepatitis B and hepatitis C through pregnancy and offers counseling and appropriate medical therapy.
- Testing Services, including bacterial overgrowth testing and lactose breath testing.
- Our center offers endoscopy and colorectal cancer screenings.
- Through our direct access colorectal cancer screening program, women can be scheduled promptly for their endoscopy and/or colonoscopy with a simple referral from their primary care provider or gynecologist. Please have your health care provider fax a referral to 401-793-7988.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to GI Treatment
At our center, we take a multidisciplinary approach, working closely with obstetricians, midwives, gynecologists and other specialists, as needed. We participate in a gastroenterology tumor board and provide comprehensive consultation and follow-up care, as well as nutrition consultation.
Whatever services you require, we always take the time to discuss your diagnosis and treatment options with you, and to answer your questions thoroughly.
Our physicians are board certified in internal medicine and serve on the faculty of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Our team members are leaders in the field of women's gastrointestinal medicine and have authored multiple text books and articles in medical journals.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 401-793-7080.