Lifespan offers free flu vaccine clinics
Free influenza vaccinations will be given during October and November at several public clinics organized by Lifespan Community Health Institute.
Flu shots are provided as a community service to Rhode Island residents age 19 and older. Lifespan administered the flu vaccine to nearly 700 people at its public clinics last year.
The federal Centers for Disease Control recommends that everyone six months old and older receive the flu vaccine. The flu season runs from October through as late as May, and generally peaks between late November and March, so receiving the vaccine as soon as possible is advisable.
Clinics will be held as follows:
- 1-3 p.m. Oct. 24, Hartford Towers, Hartford Avenue, Providence.
- 1-3 p.m. Oct. 25, Manton Heights, 31 Salmon St., Providence.
- 1-3 p.m. Oct. 26, Chad Brown apartments, 285 Chad Brown St., Providence.
- 4:30-7 p.m. Oct. 30, Rhode Island Free Clinic, 655 Broad St., Providence.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 3, Warwick Mall. This clinic coincides with World Diabetes Day, and will include blood pressure and blood sugar screenings.
- 5-6:30 p.m. Nov. 8, Scalabrini Dukcevich Center, 300 Laurel Hill Ave., Providence.
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 11, St. Michael's Church, 239 Oxford St., Providence
- 5-6 p.m. Nov. 11, St. Michael's Church, 239 Oxford St., Providence
- 9:30-11:30 a.m., Nov. 14, Genesis Center, 620 Potters Ave., Providence
- 4 to 6 p.m., Nov. 15, Nursing Placement, 334 East Avenue, Pawtucket
- 4:30-7 p.m. Nov. 13, Rhode Island Free Clinic, 655 Broad St., Providence.
- 2:30-4 p.m. Nov. 19, First Unitarian Church Food Pantry, 1 Benevolent St., Providence.
- 4:30-7 p.m. Nov. 27, Rhode Island Free Clinic, 655 Broad St., Providence.
- 4-6 p.m. Nov. 29, Nursing Placement, 480 Reservoir Ave, Cranston
For more information, call Marianne Stepanian at 401-444-8063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming dates may also be found at www.lifespan.org/news-events