Lifespan Pediatric Services
Lifespan Pediatric Services offers our community the full range of medical and mental health care for children and adolescents. Our physicians are leaders in their fields and experts at treating the common to the most complex health conditions of childhood. As teaching hospitals for The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Bradley Hospital are national centers for pediatric medical and psychiatric research.
Healing the Whole Child
A healthy child is a happy child, but keeping a child healthy – in both body and mind – can be complicated. That’s why Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Bradley Hospital bring together integrated teams of pediatric specialists focused on healing the whole child. We are the only health care organization in the nation to have two of the top-ranked pediatric medical and psychiatric hospitals within one system. With some of the best pediatric medical professionals in the country working at our hospitals, we come together as an expert, caring, and collaborative health care team. Together, we help keep your child healthy to help you keep your child happy.
Our Guiding Principles
At our hospitals, we adhere to a philosophy of patient- and family-centered care. We believe that close involvement of the family is central to a child’s health and healing, and we recognize parents as essential partners in their children’s care.
Our philosophy of patient- and family-centered care means that we:
- Share complete and unbiased information with parents and help with decision-making to the extent they choose, based on their level of comfort
- Honor the diversity of patients and families, and their values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds
- Recognize and build on family strengths
- Implement policies and programs that are responsive to family needs
Full Range of Pediatric Services
With a wealth of knowledge and expertise across our pediatric service lines, Lifespan offers centers of excellence in many specialties, including the:
- Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Children’s Neurodevelopment Center
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Intensive Program for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Medical/Psychiatric Program
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Program
- Pediatric Surgical Services
In addition, we work to minimize barriers to pediatric care by expanding our programs and services throughout the region through our ambulatory centers and clinics, and by coordinating services across our health care system. Family medicine physicians at Newport Hospital provide care to patients of all ages, including infants and children. Children who are treated at one of our hospitals have access to the resources, physicians and services of all our partners and affiliates.