- Outpatient Rehabilitation at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Treatment Methods
Conditions We Treat
- Amputee Recovery
- Cognitive and Neuromuscular Disorders
- Hand Injuries
- Hearing Disorders
- Cancer-Related Side Effects
- Orthopedic Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Rhode Island Hospital Burn Program
- Speech, Language and Swallowing Disorders
- Specialty Programs
- Contact Us for Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Frequently Asked Questions
- Pelvic Rehabilitation Patient Form
Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic
The Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic at Rhode Island Hospital and the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center at Newport Hospital assists adults who need custom wheelchairs and accessories.
A physiatrist completes an evaluation, then refers the patient for a wheelchair assessment by an occupational or physical therapist. The client, doctor, therapist, and wheelchair supplier work together to ensure the most appropriate seating system is selected.
By considering the client’s needs and abilities in choosing a wheelchair, the clinic team can improve their mobility, comfort, functional independence, and quality of life.
Learn more about outpatient rehabilitation services at Lifespan »
Contact Our Rehabilitation Services
For more information, or to request referral forms, please call one of our locations.