Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at The Miriam Hospital partners with our patients and their families to assist in enhancing the delivery of care. The council allows for meaningful feedback on the operations of our hospital from the patients’ point of view.
Our main goals are to serve the community and to promote improved relationships between patients, families and staff. We plan to reach this goal by improving:
- Quality and safety
- Hospital consumer assessment of health care providers and systems (HCAHPS)
- Patient experience scores
- Patient outcomes
- Employee satisfaction
- Support to patients and families
Patient-Centered, Relationship-Based Care
The philosophy of care at The Miriam Hospital is predicated upon patient-centered, relationship-based care.
- A caring, therapeutic and synergistic relationship with the patient and family
- Acknowledgment of the uniqueness of every individual
- Restoration of optimal health according to how the patient defines it
Join the Patient and Family Advisory Council
If you are interested in participating, please complete and submit the questionnaire below.
PFAC members should demonstrate:
- A commitment to enhancing patient and family experience.
- Pledge to attend bi-monthly meetings to discuss patient care topics.
- Commit to a one-year participation, maximum 2 years.
- Bi-monthly meetings will be held at The Miriam Hospital from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dinner will be provided.
For more information, email Adam Rojek, BSN, RN, CEN, clinical manager, The Miriam Hospital, at firstname.lastname@example.org.