Men's Health Center
- Genitourinary Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Dr. Miner: A Decade of Service
- What to Expect
- Conditions We Treat
- Meet Our Team
- About the Men's Health Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Men's Health Video Library
- Research and Publications
- Professional and Patient Resources
- Forms and Questionnaires for New Patients
- Contact Us
- Walk with a Doc
Erectile Dysfunction After Prostate Surgery (Penile Rehabilitation)
What is penile rehabilitation?
After prostate surgery all men will have some degree of erectile dysfunction. Research suggests that men participating in a penile rehabilitation program experience a return of natural erections more than men who do not seek treatment.
What does penile rehabilitation involve?
A penile rehabilitation program includes oral medications, medications inserted into the urethra, the use of a vacuum erection device and also psychotherapy.
Contact us to learn more or to make an appointment at the Men's Health Center at The Miriam Hospital.