Men's Health Center
- Genitourinary Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Dr. Miner: A Decade of Service
- What to Expect
- Conditions We Treat
- Meet Our Team
- About the Men's Health Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Men's Health Video Library
- Research and Publications
- Professional and Patient Resources
- Forms and Questionnaires for New Patients
- Contact Us
- Walk with a Doc
Premature Ejaculation (PE)
What is it?
Premature ejaculation is when ejaculation comes in response to minimal stimulation just before or shortly after penetration. The male is not able to delay ejaculation, which may result in psychological distress to one or both partners.
How is it evaluated?
A history and physical examination are usually sufficient to diagnose premature ejaculation.
Am I at risk?
Premature ejaculation is the most common sexual disorder in men under 40 years old.
How is premature ejaculation treated?
Treatment includes psychotherapy, topical medications and oral medications.
Contact us to learn more or to make an appointment at the Men's Health Center at The Miriam Hospital.