What to Expect at the Men's Health Center
Prior to your visit, you and your loved one will complete questionnaires that provide background information regarding sexual and overall health. The questionnaires are available on the patient portal, and our staff will assist you with completion if you need help.
Your provider will review the information that you provide in the questionnaires and perform a physical exam. A psychologic assessment may be recommended as a first step or included in your treatment plan.
You will undergo a physical exam and, when appropriate, a psychological assessment.
You may also undergo:
- Evaluation of blood vessel elasticity and cardiovascular risk assessment
- A Doppler ultrasound to measure blood flow to the penis
Your provider will review your testing, provide a summary of findings and recommend a treatment plan.
Treatments and Therapies
Treatments and therapies may include:
- Oral medications
- Medications inserted into the urethra
- Medications injected into the shaft of the penis
- Use of a vacuum erection device (VED)
- Therapy with a sexual psychologist
- Referral to a urologist for evaluation for a penile implant, if applicable
A copy of your evaluation will be mailed to both your urologist and primary care clinician.
If you are found to be at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease, we will make recommendations to your urologist or primary care physician to lower this risk, or will refer you to a cardiologist.
Balancing chronic medical conditions with sexual health can help to maintain healthy relationships and wellbeing throughout all stages of life.