Commitment to the Community
Bradley Hospital offers numerous services to the community, including:
- 24-hour emergency evaluations
- Support groups for parents and siblings
- Parent, teacher and child care provider training
- Consulting services to school special education departments
- Training for professionals from across the country in child psychiatry, psychology, social work and related fields
- Advocacy for children with public representatives and agencies
In addition, every year, Bradley presents Parenting Matters, a daylong conference that invites parents, teachers and child care providers to learn from top child development and behavior professionals in a casual setting. Workshops are presented by child psychologists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, social workers and others who discuss the latest research in their fields and provide helpful advice to concerned parents and child care providers.
In the spring and fall, Bradley Hospital and Hasbro Children's Hospital present Parenting Matters Workshops, a series of free workshops for parents, teachers and child care providers. Workshops are held at Bradley Hospital and locations throughout Rhode Island.