Family Liaison Program
Bradley Hospital is dedicated to patient and family-centered mental health care. Our staff members understand the critical role parents, siblings and other loved ones play in identifying a child’s needs and providing effective treatment.
Our family liaison, Christine Brown, advocates for our families for the benefit of their children. When a child or adolescent suffers from mental health problems it impacts the entire family. It can be a frightening and overwhelming time. Our family liaison will work with you to better understand the care your child is receiving, explain the roles of your child’s caregivers and help you benefit from all relevant services at the hospital and in the community.
Other Services that the Family Liaison Can Provide
The family liaison’s other services include:
- Ensuring that a child’s or family’s special needs are met
- Addressing concerns or complaints
- Communicating compliments and commendations to staff
- Providing a family resource room and parent lending library
- Arranging religious visits
- Arranging for babysitting for siblings while parents attend Bradley support groups
- Providing information and referrals to advocacy and resource services in the community
- Advising out-of-state families on local accommodations, including discounted hotel rates for Bradley parents and local family activities
- Running and promoting support groups for parents and patients
Family Advisory Council
The family liaison also promotes and helps coordinate Bradley Hospital's Family Advisory Council. The council’s mission is to actively engage families as partners with Bradley Hospital.
The main goal of the council is to continuously improve understanding and communication between the hospital and Bradley School staff and the family members we serve. Parents in the group have found friendship with and support from each other, and with hospital leaders.