ClinTECH Nursing Research Grant Announcement: 2022 Cohort
The Lifespan ClinTECH Center, Nursing Research Program (ClinTECH NRP) is pleased to announce the first cohort of its Nursing Research Grant Program. Funded by Lifespan, this program will provide support to promote investigational science and evidenced-based quality improvement within the nursing field and increase the number of nurse-led research studies in Rhode Island. The goal of the program is to advance nursing and interdisciplinary science in four key areas:
- Health Innovation: New ideas and inventions to help address the ever-changing needs and health challenges of Rhode Islanders.
- Population Health: Improving health outcomes of our region’s patient population, our families and our communities; reducing health disparities; and addressing acute and chronic illnesses.
- Precision Health: Shifting our focus to more proactive and personalized care that empowers people and leads to healthier lives.
- Data Science: Leveraging technology to create efficiencies and streamline healthcare processes.
For this cohort, we seek innovative projects from all disciplines and anticipate funding up to four one-year projects at a maximum of $75,000 direct costs per year.
Investigators will have preferred access to all ClinTECH services. Successful cohort participants may seek additional funding to continue their project through the Lifespan Innovation Fund.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through December 31, 2022.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to Mindy Marshall, Director of Nursing Research Program (NRP) at [email protected]. Please put “Nursing Research Grant” in the subject line of the email.
Eligible investigators must hold a Nursing degree or equivalent (PhD) with a Nursing Concentration and be employed by Lifespan. Also required is a letter of support from the individual’s Department Chair/Chief verifying that the applicant can devote at least 10% effort to their project over the course of the year. Applications must also include a letter of support from a Lifespan Research Mentor. ClinTECH NRP can help identify mentors (email [email protected] for more information).
Applications should be submitted to the NRP Director as stated above and must include the following components:
- Budget- Template attached. Maximum of $75,000 (direct costs only) for one year. Funding may be used to support the following:
- Salary for Investigator
- Research Personnel
- Materials and Supplies
- Other Justifiable Research Costs
- $2,500 of the budget must be allocated to Mentor support. Please add this cost to the “Other Expenses” line.
- Indirect costs are not allowed
- Research Plan (sections a-d are not to exceed 5 pages in total)
- Statement of Research Goals
- Key Area to be Addressed
- Description of the Planned Project
- Timeline for Completing Project
- Literature Cited (if applicable)
- Letter of Support from Department Chair/Chief
- Letter of Support from Lifespan Research Mentor or Collaborator
Review Process and Selection Criteria
Applications will be reviewed by a Lifespan committee. Applications will be evaluated for the following three key areas:
- Overall research goals of the applicant
- Relevance to the four key areas of the ClinTECH NRP Program Announcement
- Adequacy of Budget and Timeline
The review committee will make recommendations for funding to the ClinTECH
Executive Director who will approve the final awardees.
Each investigator will be required to submit a final report, detailing results, plans for publications, and planned/actual external funding requests, within 30 days following the end of the award period.
Inquiries regarding the Nursing Research Program Grant should be directed to Mindy Marshall at [email protected].