- About The Miriam Hospital
For Patients & Visitors
- Patient Accommodations
- Patient Safety Information
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines
- Accommodations for Family and Friends
- Support Services
- Hospital Discharge
- Billing Procedures and Insurance Information
- Ways to Show You Care
- Important Telephone Numbers
- For Our Neighbors
- The Miriam Hospital Women's Association
- Giving to The Miriam
For Our Neighbors
The Miriam Hospital is committed to being a good neighbor.
Contact The Miriam Hospital
Do you have a complaint, concern or comment that we should know about? Or, would you like more information about an upcoming event or meeting?
The Miriam Hospital's Neighborhood Hotline was established in 2005 in order for neighbors to have direct contact with the office of community relations. To reach us, call 401-793-4040 or e-mail us at TMHNeighbors@Lifespan.org.
In 2004, we created the department of community relations to carry out this task. Community relations at The Miriam Hospital follows an approach called the 3-Bs, that is, to Build our relationship with neighbors, to utilize our resources to Better the community, and to Balance conflicts and concerns as they occur. A brief outline of activities in each of the 3-Bs is as follows:
Building our Relationship, through regular communication.
- Newsletters and notifications to neighbors
- The Neighborhood Hotline
- Attendance and regular participation in neighborhood events
Bettering the Community, through sharing of resources.
- $90,000 in Miriam Community Investment Grants are awarded to neighborhood agencies each year
- An Annual Food Drive Benefits agencies in Summit and Mt. Hope
- The Miriam supports the Annual Holiday “Needs” Drive
Balancing Conflicts, by representing neighborhood concerns.
Our community liaison serves on internal committees that make decisions that can affect the quality of life for neighbors. These committees include:
- Parking Committee
- Tobacco-Free Committee
- Green Team
Welcome to Door-to-Door, our neighborhood newsletter. Door-to-Door is intended to strengthen ties between the staff and leadership of The Miriam Hospital and our neighbors in Providence's Summit community. We know how important it is to communicate, and we hope Door-to-Door will increase the dialogue and lead to greater involvement and participation with our neighbors.
To reach us about Door to Door please call 401-793-4040 or e-mail us. We look forward to hearing from you!