GENESIS Program at The Miriam
A unique program designed to make seniors feel more comfortable during a stay in the hospital.
Many older patients experience pain. The GENESIS program has identified ways to help reduce patients' pain.
To reduce pain, the GENESIS program:
- Offers back rubs
- Helps patients practice deep breathing
- Provides warm soaks or ice packs
- Repositions the patient
- Uses music therapy
- Provides low, appropriate dosages of pain medication, if necessary
- Uses pain medications with the lowest side effect profile
- Educates nurses on how to assess pain in patients with delirium or dementia
For more information about the GENESIS program, please call 401-793-3162.