- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
- Meet the Radiation Oncology Team
The only program of its kind in the area, the AccuBoost system uses advanced imaging to precisely deliver partial breast irradiation.
It is predominantly used to give “boost” radiation for breast cancer patients in conjunction with whole breast irradiation. It targets the lumpectomy cavity, the area at highest risk for tumor recurrence.
The AccuBoost system uses real-time digital radiographic (mammographic) imaging to pinpoint the tissue that needs to be irradiated. Using this technique, the radiation dose is precisely focused and reduces unnecessary exposure to nearby healthy tissue. In select patients with early breast cancer, the AccuBoost system is also being used to deliver accelerated partial breast irradiation.