- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
- Meet the Radiation Oncology Team
What to Expect During Treatment
Gamma knife treatment is painless and noiseless. The entire procedure takes one to four hours, with the actual treatment being performed in a single session that lasts 20 to 60 minutes.
Patients typically go home on the same day.
Treatment requires the combined skills of the Gamma Knife Center team, including a neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist, neuroradiologist, medical physicist, imaging technologist, specially trained nurse and radiation therapist.