Radiation Oncology Services
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
What to Expect During Treatment
Gamma knife treatment is painless and noiseless. The entire procedure takes one to four hours, with the actual treatment being performed in a single session that lasts 20 to 60 minutes.
Patients typically go home on the same day.
Treatment requires the combined skills of the Gamma Knife Center team, including a neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist, neuroradiologist, medical physicist, imaging technologist, specially trained nurse and radiation therapist.