Radiation Oncology Services
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
Preparing for Your Treatment
Here are some guidelines on how to prepare for your gamma knife treatment:
- Please let us know of any medications you take regularly so we can determine whether or not you should take them on the day of your treatment.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the evening before your treatment.
- Do shampoo your hair and scalp the evening before your procedure with the shampoo we will provide. Rinse with water and repeat a second time.
- The day of the treatment, do not wear any jewelry, makeup, or hairpieces. It is a good idea to leave all valuable items at home.
- If you wish, you may bring a favorite CD or cassette to listen to during the treatment.