RapidArc is an advanced form of image-guided, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). Using this technology, a linear accelerator delivers precise beams of IMRT up to eight times faster than other systems. It does this by delivering the complete treatment to the patient using a small number of rotating beams compared to conventional IMRT.
As a result, the tumor receives the full radiation dose in far less time compared with conventional IMRT. Treatment speed is important because it reduces the time that the patient must remain motionless.
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
- Meet the Radiation Oncology Team