Radiation Oncology Services
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
Hyperthermia exposes body tissue to high temperatures which can damage and kill cancer cells, with minimal injury to normal tissues. By killing cancer cells and damaging proteins and structures within cells, hyperthermia can shrink tumors and lesions.
This treatment is almost always used with other forms of cancer therapy, such as radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Hyperthermia may make some cancer cells more sensitive to radiation or harm other cancer cells that radiation cannot damage.